25 September 2012

Tonsilectomy Woes and Year at a Glance Calendars

I feel like I have been away from blogging forever, but I suppose that's a bit dramatic. 

My poor sweet Greysen has been through so much the last couple weeks.  We have spent the last 10 days in the hospital after a tonsillectomy/adenoid surgery.  He's not quite 3 yet, so this surgery required a hospital stay.  It was supposed to be a routine 1 night in the hospital for observation which turned into 10 days!!! Thank heavens, things are finally looking up! He's finally drinking fluids on his own without an IV- yay!!!!  We were desperate for him to start drinking again, and  I'm so thankful our prayers have been answered!!!  The docs told me that this is one of the most painful surgeries of any kind to recover from.   Are you kidding me...my poor baby!

So, what better way to spend my first night home, blogging!!!!  I really just needed to clear my head, and start to feel a little more normal again.  So, this will actually be a quick post, because I'm exhausted and I know tomorrow will be another long day of trying to keep Greysen hydrated.  I hear this could last 2 weeks- we're almost there!!! I know that this will all be worth it in the end, but it's been a rough few weeks. 

I actually created these calendars before surgery and just didn't get around to posting them.  I am always searching for a calendar while I'm lesson planning and can never find one.  I wanted something simple that I could keep in my lesson plan book, but I wanted it to be cute too, of course.  I also needed a To-Do list form that I could use for the whole week.   I actually just like to write a bunch of stuff down, that way I can check it off. Then, I feel like I've been productive.

If you like them, you can click the image below.



  1. So sorry to hear about your Greysen! My Lila had her tonsils (and adenoids out, tubes in) out at Spring Break and it was a rough recovery IMO. My step-son has his out next week. I hope Greysen drinks lots and lots of fluids.

  2. I'm sorry to hear that your step-son will have to go through the surgery. But after all is said and done, it was definitely the best thing we could have done. It was a super rough 2 weeks, but his sleep apnea appears to be completely gone- yay! I have never heard him sleep so peacefully. I used to say that I couldn't believe a toddler could snore so loudly. You could honestly hear him across the house, but the snoring is now gone!!! Best of luck with your little guy.