Kayla from Texas Teaching Fanatic just brought some sunshine into my day by nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I am supposed to start by listing 11 random facts about myself.
Here we go...
- I once lived in Montana. So BEAUTIFUL!
- This year, I tried creating clip art and I actually enjoy it! I find it relaxing, strange as that is.
- I was born in Germany! Yep, I'm an Army brat.
- I LOVE books. My hubby should probably ban me from Amazon and EBay. I definitely keep the UPS driver in business! These are just my books at home!!!
- I LOVE skiing! Texas is great, but I do miss the snow!
- I have a huge respect for Speech Therapists. My son was diagnosed with severe Apraxia last year. We spend several days a week at speech therapy. I have also tried to learn everything I can about Apraxia, so I can continue therapy for my sweetie pie at home.
- I love watching the Voice. We actually have a gal from Corpus Christi on it this year. Whoo-hoo, she got 4 judges to turn.
- I have NO sense of direction. Honestly, none at all!
- I blog really late at night, so if you see any misspellings or something doesn't make sense, you know why. I'm probably half asleep, or perhaps I'm sleepwalking!
- I sleepwalk- Creepy, I know!
- I am obsessed with monsters! My classroom is a wonderful mayhem of monsters. I got these cuties for Christmas from my teaching buddy. She made them by hand. I am totally in love with them. The one holding the heart is my fave!
I got these as a gift from a wonderful parent. They were made by hand and are super adorable!This little guy is a tissue box holder.
Okay, next step is to answer the questions from the blogger that nominated you.
So, here it goes with Kayla's questions...
1. Where are you from?
I grew up in the military, so home was wherever we happened to be stationed. My children call TEXAS home!
2. What is your favorite animal?
Cute Monsters- Does that count?
3. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
The ability to touch so many little lives.
4. What is your favorite children's book?
Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell- It has a great message and how can you not love this adorable picture?
5. Why do you blog?
I love to share ideas with other teachers.
6. Who do you look up to?
Absolutely my parents! They are my heroes.
7. When did you become a teacher?
2004- Yikes, now I feel old!
8. Would you rather have a side soup or side salad?
I guess that depends on the soup. But, most of the time I go with soup.
9. If you could click your heels together and be anywhere, where would it be?
I'm right where I want to be! There really is no place like HOME!
10. What is your favorite quote?
I tend to be a worrier by nature. This quote helps keep me grounded.
"Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace."
By Randy Armstrong
11. If you could read minds, whose mind would you love to read?
For sure, my little Greysen. He is 4 and still learning to talk because of Apraxia. I would love to be able to ease his communication struggles by reading his little mind.
Please check out their blogs and definitely check out Kayla's Blog below: