10 April 2012
We started our plant unit today. We started a bit later than I had originally planned, but they were just so excited about our moon study that I just went with it. Today, we talked about the parts of a flower and labeled the parts. They noticed that the flower on my anchor chart was a diagram which of course is a great connection to our nonfiction conventions that they learned at the very beginning of the school year. You can see our anchor chart below. I used paint strip samples to label the parts. I'm totally obsessed with these things. Pretty soon they're going to start charging me for them at the store. I better give it a rest! My students made their own flowers and labeled the parts. The petals were made with scrapbook paper.